Senior teacher and yoga therapist
Hi, my name is Panagiota Cook, my friends call me Penny. I am a dedicated yogi with over 15 years experience into the science and art of yoga and founder of Bodytone Yoga. A registered member with the Australian Association of Yoga Therapists with clinical experience and a Yoga Australia accredited teacher since 2005. I am also the creator and Artistic Director of Yogadance Company (est. 2007) taking yoga into the performing arts, fostering deep exploration into self and other, creative expression, movement therapy and connecting with the joy of life!
I love teaching therapeutic yoga one to one, small groups, corporate groups, athletes, mothers groups, and dancers. More than anything, I love being part of your journey in yoga, physical therapy, meditation and creative expression. It is a joy supporting you to lead a healthier, happier more balanced life.
My journey in Yoga began in 2001 at Iyengar Yoga class, practicing Rodney Yee DVDs at home, Meditation Classes, Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Yoga for Dancers, Yoga for Mums, Children and Families. An inquiring mind has also taken me into clinical yoga alongside medical professionals, working with elite athletes, performing artists, corporate executives and their teams as well as therapy and rehabilitation groups and individuals.
Why do I practice Yoga?
“From my very first session I walked away feeling better emotionally. This discipline grounds me and helps me focus on the important things in life. The body fitness, excellent recovery from life’s challenges, freedom for dance, personal and professional enrichment on all levels of my being have been the incredible bonuses! I love facilitating people’s healing journeys and path to experiencing the best version of themselves. This is my calling.”
- Level 2 Yoga Teacher, Yoga Australia Registered Member
- Graduate Certificate in Yoga Therapy, Australian Institute of Yoga Therapy, 2013
- Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teaching Training Certificate, 2012
- Advanced Yoga Studies & Teacher Training Certificate, 2005
- Applied Anatomy & Physiology of Hatha Yoga Certificate, 2005
- Rainbow Kids Yoga Teacher Training, 2011
- Active After-School Community Coach Training Program, 2013
- Certificate in Thai Massage Level 1, Sydney College of Thai Massage, 2000
- Bachelor of Arts in Performance Studies, HRM and IR, The University of Sydney 2001
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Apprenticeship with Nadia DiLorenzo, 2004-2005
Yoga for Dancers Intensive with Hilary Cartwright 2009
Teaching Yoga at Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, UK, 2009
Professional NRL Sports Team (A-Grade Level), Stretch Training Provider, 2011 -2012
Back-Bending Workshop with Venkatesha V., Expert Yoga Therapist, Mysore, India, 2011
Yoga and Creative Dance Summer Intensive, Mangala Studios, 2013
Broadway Dance Center, New York City, Dance Training Retreat, December, 2013
iRest Meditation Workshop with Richard Miller, 2015
Hi, I am Sanobia Palkhiwala, a dedicated yogi, Yoga Instructor, Early Childhood Teacher and Academic Researcher. I have been leading yoga-based work with rural and underpriviledged communities in Jamaica and India since 2010.
I love teaching yoga with children, teachers, corporate groups and mothers groups. Sharing the practices and philosophies of yoga with an open spirit and warmth.
My journey in Yoga began in 2001 when I was introduced to the practice by my father. Since that initial introduction, I have never looked back and have been a yogi ever since. I began practicing with Penny Cook in 2007 as one of her first Yogadance Students. I have also practiced Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Birkam Yoga and attended various Meditation retreats.
Why do I practice Yoga?
“Yoga is about developing self-awareness which in turn fosters a more connected and harmonious community. I see the value everyday in sharing yoga with people from all walks of life, be they school children in Sydney, young mothers in rural Jamaica or teachers and pre-school children in India. Yoga is about connection to self and connection to others.”
- Registered Yoga Australia Provisional Member, 2014
- Teacher Training Certificate, Yoga Institute, Santa Cruz, 2012
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Masters in Educational Leadership (Early Childhood)
- PhD Candidate: Thesis on Facilitating Professional Learning, Embedding Yoga Principles into a Disadavantaged Preschool in Mumbai, India
- University Tutor, Institute of Early Childhood, Macquarie University, 2013-present.
Sanobia has run various programs which focused on yoga within a at risk communities, such as new migrant families and women experiencing domestic violence. She has also initiated and run two yoga-based programs in South-West Sydney for mothers and their toddlers, funded by a Parenting Program. Currently conducting PhD Research in a slum-area Preschool in Mumbai, India. Working with the teachers, sharing yoga practices with them to enrich their teaching and interactions with the children.