Benefits in working together
We are friendly, experienced and focused on you getting the best from your experience both during our sessions together and in your everyday life.
There is some merit in going through the “motions” of yoga in a bigger class setting however it is limited, the ultimate way is an individualised approach where your practices are targeted specifically for you, your lifestyle and your circumstances on the day. It is a more direct method and yields true results. Even if you are an incredible teacher, your focus is diluted within a bigger group setting and your creativity in delivering what each person needs significantly challenged by the clock for purposes of punctuality.
We will frequently have people in our sessions who will tell us they get more out of a class together than what they did over months and even years in other settings.
The big bonus by working in a targeted, honest way is that you become your own best teacher and over time begin to know and intuit what you need from our session together yourself. This is true awareness. For this reason all our classes begin by asking you to take a few quiet moments to meditate over where you are at and what you most love to get from our session together. This is why we encourage dialogue – it is important for you to connect to and express your inner voice.
Questions are always welcome and we find we are able to manage these as well as keep the flow of the class going by setting the one golden rule of Respect for self and others. This promotes discernment and the great bonus is you also get to connect with others in the class too! Sense of humour and/or a sense of curiosity is always welcome as it sets a good tone for approaching your full potential with yoga. Plus it makes our time not only meaningful but fun and uplifting as well!
We love working with you, being of service and getting to the heart of yoga with you.
What are some of the general benefits of establishing a yoga practice?
Yoga encourages overall health and wellness.
- Increased suppleness and fluidity in movement
- Increased endurance, muscle strength and tone
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality
- Better aligned posture and associated better breathing
- Low impact and use of own body weight as resistance training
- Improved balance and coordination
- Releases tension in your limbs
- Maintains a balanced metabolism
- Relaxation techniques promote parasympathetic nervous system for homeostasis
- Improves Cardio and circulatory health
- Improved athletic performance
- Protection from injury
- Prevention of cartilage and joint breakdown
- Protects and strengthens your spine
- Better bone health
- Regulates adrenal glands
- Lowers blood sugar
- Detoxifies body
- Boosts your immune system functionality
- Weight loss to healthy level for you
Mentally & Emotionally
- Cultivates a calm mind
- Encourages positive thinking
- Improves concentration and clarity of thought
- Improves stress management
- Gives you tools to reduce anxiety
- Helps you sleep better and deeper
- Increases self-confidence
- Mental strength
- Build self-awareness
- Benefits your relationships
- Encourages living with greater awareness
- Encourages self-care
- Relaxation techniques assist in lowering chronic pain
- Fights food cravings
- Eases migraines
- Cultivates intuition
As research catches up there are more and more findings coming to consider as the benefits of Yoga. The best way is to experience it for yourself!